Monday, January 28, 2008

Frizzy AND Frazzled...


I have a hair appointment in two weeks...which is far too far ahead as far as I'm concerned. I woke up this morning resembling a poodle with mange, mixed with a cockatoo. It's brilliant. Luckily I'm not short on hair ties and gel and was able to coax it into less of an explosion on my head.

In addition to having a mad case of frizz, I also have an equally awful case of "frazz."

Okay, so I am fully aware that "frazz" is not a word. But if kids these days can shorten "whatever" to "whatevs" then I find it completely plausible to shorten "frazzled" to "frazz" via use of my creative license.

Why so frazzled? Well, the job-search is not going so well, Sally. That's right. I've sent, I've contacted, I've marketed myself, I've done it all.

All I have to show for it are a few automated email responses and one hand-addressed postcard. (I'm actually pretty impressed about the latter. It shows that at least someone actually looked at what I sent in order to find my mailing address.)

But that's it. Not a single internship or job for which I have applied has shown any semblance of results. I'm running out of options here.

So here I sit, with frizzy hair and a frazzled mind just trying to keep it all together.

It ain't easy.

But I look on the bright side: if it keeps up at this rate, the worst that could happen is that I could end up simply pulling out all of my hair in frustration...so long as it's before I go to the stylist I can't see being much worse than my current style (or lack thereof)...

No comments: